Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back in school.

I'm back in school finishing out my last semester. I'm in an advanced illustrator course that requires a bunch of drawing! My teacher gave me a list of assignments on the first day and I'm just expected to turn one in once a week with a page of thumbnail ideas.

This week's assignment: Advertisement for "Planters" salted nuts. Setting must be in a nice restaurant, the image must contain a squirrel posing as a waiter offering the nuts as a nice bottle of wine. Quote must be "May we suggest our extra fancy nuts?".

I searched Planters old print material all the way back to the early 1900's and finally came up with a style. I decided to do it in a cartoon style, but I really wanted it to look like their old print material. So after the illustration was finished I brought it into Photoshop and then made it look really old with stains and paper texture. I wanted it to look like you just found it in a 1960's magazine. I think it worked out.


1 comment:

Foreknown said...

That actually looks absolutely legitimate!